Don’t judge Trump by what other people say about him.
Here are his own words, verbatim from the horse’s … mouth. Decide for yourself.
- “The trick in politics – just like in business – isn’t accomplishing something; it’s *pretending* you’re accomplishing something and making sure you profit from it because Americans, by and large, are lazy idiots and will believe whatever you tell them.”
- “You know, it really doesn`t matter what [the media] write as long as you`ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
- “I’m not running for office. I don’t have to be politically correct. I don’t have to be a nice person. Like I watch some of these weak-kneed politicians, it’s disgusting. I don’t have to be that way. One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. It’s a media circus freak show. Good people don’t go into government.”
- “Just like business, the core function of politics is to make the other guy look bad.”
- “On building a $100 million ballroom at the White House: “I will build you … one of the great ballrooms of the world.”
- “These are stupid people that say, `Oh didn’t Trump declare bankruptcy? Didn’t he go bankrupt?’ I didn’t go bankrupt.” (Four companies Trump founded and ran went bankrupt, including a casino.)
- On Obama’s birth certificate: “I don’t like to talk about this issue too much.”
- On African-Americans: “I have a great relationship with the blacks.”
- On Jimmy Carter: “The worst president ever.”
On George W. Bush: “The worst president ever.”
On Barack Obama: “The worst president ever.”
- On running for president: “Why should people vote for me? Because I’m ridiculously stinking rich, that’s why.”
Posted in: Political Observations